Thursday, December 25, 2008

What a great day! Both my girls came home for Christmas and we had a wonderful time. The oldest was by herself, but Angela was with her boyfriend, TJ, and my granddaughter. The majority of the presents under the tree were for my granddaughter, Gabi, who is almost 16 months old. We had so much fun watching her tear the wrappings off each gift.
It wasn't easy to understand everyone, but it was better than Thanksgiving. Sounds are still computerized but the helium sound seems to be going away, slowly. Between Kimberly, the oldest, and I, we had plenty of food and we were all stuffed by the time we got up from the table. I am so lucky to have two beautiful daughters and grateful that my granddaughter has a loving, generous and caring Daddy.
I even got brave and called my parents using my VCO. It was a good call, but not easy as my mother is hard of hearing and also gets confused easily. She came on the phone long enough to tell me she loved me and then handed the phone back to my Dad. I had to wonder if the relay operator had been drinking as some of what was typed didn't make sense (ie: a string of numbers instead of words). I miss them so much, but they live so far away and it is not easy to get away from work and travel up to the cold North of Minnesota.

No comments: