Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wow, hard to believe it will be 2009 in two hours. 2008 was such an interesting year, wonder that this new one will bring? After all, this time last year I was wearing a hearing aid in my right ear designed for mild to moderate hearing loss and hearing things just fine. One year later, I have a Cochlear Implant and am learning to hear all over again. Things have been going great. Getting adjusted to the extended earhook and having fewer headaches/pain which is great. Hearing more and more without the aid of speech reading and people at work have noticed a change in me. I am happier, more talkative and friendlier. Such a small device that delivers a big impact on my life. I am still wearing the hearing aid in the right ear, though it does little good. But, stimulating the auditory nerves in that ear through what little residual hearing I have left is important. Even if it is ten years down the road, there is still a chance I will be able to go bilateral.
I have been listening to my Zune in the car on the way to work. Choosing my favorite songs from when I could hear normally. They still sound like crap, but I am starting to be able to understand the words as they are being sung. In time, they will start to sound better, so I will keep on tuning in.
Happy New Year All....

No comments: