Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Although I love working at Wal-Mart most days, Black Friday is a day I dread. I don't know what comes over people on that one day a year. Our store was like a zoo, and I was glad that I was working behind the scenes in the back offices. Had I been out on the floor, I am not sure how I would have fared. Not being the best of speech readers, I would have spent most of my day saying "excuse me?" or "I don't understand, I am deaf". I was totally upset tonight when I read an article about an associate in New York that was killed after opening the doors at 5 am to 2,000 shoppers. It appears he may have been trampled to death. What made it worse is that when the store decided to close due to his death, the shoppers ignored that and kept on shopping. I am sorry, but there is nothing worth that on any day. Such a waste.
My head is hurting today. The fluid near my implant has not started to go away, in fact, there seems to be a larger area. I think it is because I am sleeping on it during the night.There is no redness, and the incision is almost totally healed, but I am going to call my surgeon next week just to play it safe. I don't want anything to delay activation.

No comments: