Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I had my youngest daughter call and make an appointment with my audiologist today. I was working in receiving and didn't really have time to make the call using my pocket vco. Besides, it is so much easier for her to do it. Anyway, even though I knew he could do nothing for the distortion, I was hoping he could crank up the volume a bit to help me with speech reading. My ability in that area is not the best, but it is better if I can have the volume I need to try and decipher speech. Not much luck, though. He has it cranked to the max, all 95 to 100 dbs and it still sounds like people are speaking softly. Sigh. It is soooo frustrating!!! I am counting the days till activation and just hope that makes life less stressful. Work can be so hard as people keep forgetting to enunciate and look at me while talking.
I did quit wearing my hats today, except to go out in the cold. The bands kept rubbing against the implant and I was getting headaches. They also made my glasses rub against my incision and that part is sore now. Most people don't even seem to notice and if they do, and don't know about the surgery, I imagine they just think my last haircut had a minor glitch.
All in all, not a great day, but not a terrible one either. Nothing major, just annoying. 29 days and counting till activation.

No comments: