Friday, November 14, 2008

Surgery is tomorrow...

11-06-08
I am so wound up I know I can't sleep even though I have to get up at 3am to make the trip to Wilmington, NC with my husband for my surgery. We have to be there by 6am with the operation scheduled to start at 8am. I have spent the last months preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best. My will has been written, as has my power of attorney and living will. Not that I think they will be used any time soon, but I learned after that passing of my mother-in-law that you just can't leave things like that undone.
I have spent the evening vacuuming, doing laundry, making my bed, moving a recliner into my computer room so I can sleep there and watch tv, use my computers and not have to do much walking around. I don't know if I will be dizzy after the surgery, as each person reacts differently. With the help of friends at my alldeaf forum, I have taken care of all those "little things" you don't really think about. Like paying bills in advance, buying items I might need after surgery, making lists for my husband and daughters, just getting totally organized so I have nothing to worry about after surgery except getting better.

No comments: